Kotak Mahindra Bank is a type of private sector bank in India, which has it’s headquarter in Mumbai of Maharashtra. The bank obtained license from RBI (Reserve Bank of india) as the flagship company i.e. Kotak Mahindra Finance Limited to operate the banking business and operations.
Until now, the bank offers varieties of banking products and many financial solutions for retail and corporate customers with the help of many delivery channels and special subsidiary groups available in different areas. These include investment banking, personal finance, wealth management and life insurance.
Union of Kotak Mahindra Bank with ING Vysya Bank
Merger of the two banking and financial giants of the country i.e. ING Vysya Bank along with Kotak Mahindra Bank has taken place on 1st of April in the year 2015. Since then, the combined entity has delivered its services with the common name i.e. Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Third Largest Bank of India
Kotak Mahindra Bank incorporates a big network of 1,336 branches and more than 2,000 ATMs, which remain spread across 702 locations across the country. In the year 2016, it gained its name as the third biggest private bank across the country based on capitalization of the market.
Kotak Mahindra Net Banking User Registration for First Time
Account holders of Kotak Mahindra Bank should activate the facility of net banking for first time to get benefits from online banking solutions. Once a person activates net banking, a person should put his user id as well as password to login the account and thereby, carry out different transactions. However, to perform user registration, you should follow important steps, as mentioned here-
Step 1:-You have to visit the official website of kotak.com
Step 2:-Secondly, you have opt for Net Banking option by using Login Menu
Step 3:-Click for the link containing Register for Net Banking
Step 4:-Once you click, you have to enter necessary details about your account in Kotak Mahindra Bank. These include
- Customer ID/CIF/CRN
- Nick Name
Step 5:-Later on, you have to check for the box of Terms and Conditions and click on the option of Continue, whose button is placed nearby in the website.
Step 6:-Now, the website would ask you to submit each detail, along with the registered mobile number. Bank website would send you an OTP, which you should enter when software asks to do so and click on the Continue option.
Step 7:-An account holder would be able to set his new net banking login with Kotak Mahindra Bank and get the opportunity to set password of own choice.
Step 8:-Once a person receives each detail, he may login to the net banking option of Kotak Mahindra Bank.
Step 9:-One has to click on verify option and move ahead to the next page.
Step 10:-Now, bank would verify your account details and thereby, redirect you to the page containing two different options i.e. “View Only” and “View and Transaction”.
- View Only option, as the name implies, it only allows users to view their account information or collect detailed information about withdrawals, deposits and other related transactions.
- View and Transaction option is an advanced one, in which a person gets complete access to each of the available net banking solutions. In other words, the option not only allows individuals to view each of the transactions, which they have carried out by the help of internet banking, but also able to carry out new transactions.
Step 11:-Website of KMBL would direct you to the page, where you have to fill details related to your ATM or debit card and in turn, click on the Continue option.
Step 12:-Here, you have to set both login password and transaction password, which you need to login to the website and continue with your transactions by the help of internet banking facility.
Step 13:-In the last step, you have to fill necessary login credentials and click on the continue option and thereby, you will receive the message “Your login ID is ____.” In this case, you have to note down the login id carefully.
Step 14:-You are able to complete the registration procedure in successful manner. You may login to the account or get access to online banking by using your set user id and respective password.
Kotak Mahindra Net Banking Login for Retail and Corporate Users
Whether you are retail user or a corporate user, you have to follow below important steps to complete your login.
Step 1:-Account holders have to visit the website kotak.com
Step 2:-Once the login webpage opens, they have to enter either CRN i.e. Customer ID or the Nickname.
Step 3:-After entering your ID or nickname, you have to enter the set password
Step 4:-Click on the page you want to move on to the selected page directly, say Home page, banking page, credit/debit card options and similar others.
Step 5:-By clicking on Secured Login, you would be able to log in to the website to perform your required job.
Login via ING Vysa Migrated Kotak Mahindra Website
If you were an ING Vysa account holder, but later on migrated to Kotak Mahindra Group, you do not need to worry about anything. Instead, you have to follow few additional steps, before you reach at the aforementioned page and continue with the login process.
Step 1:-Visit the Retail Net Banking at the left side or Business Banking at the right side.
Step 2:-If you are a retail user, you have to entire your already existing CIF or Customer ID and enter the code mentioned beneath, while finally click on the Submit option.
Alternatively, if you are a corporate user, you have to enter your existing User ID and Corporate ID and enter code to click on the Submit option.
Important Points to Know by Internet Banking Users
- While setting your password, you should definitely use combination of alpha, numeric and symbolic characters. In addition, the password should not have any close relations with your name, mobile number, date of birth or anything, which unauthorized individuals may identify easily. Password should compulsory be strong i.e. it should contain minimum 6 characters, while maximum of 28 characters.
- You should change your login password after at least 360 days, and the transaction password after every 180 days based on security reasons.
- Once you receive your user id at the postal address mentioned during login, you should activate the account for online banking before its expiry i.e. before 180 days.
- If you stuck in an outrageous situation of account block because of wrong credentials, you have to contact with the nearby KMBL branch for dealing with the problem.
- Neither RBI nor any branch of the Kotak Mahindra Bank, including its head office branch would ask any information about your account number, ATM, credit or debit card details and user id and/or password on email or phone. Hence, you should stay safe from fraud by not providing any of the crucial financial/personal details on fake emails or fake calls.
- To collect information in detail, one has to refer the official website of KMBL i.e. kotak.com. Along with this, one can contact with the Customer Care Toll Free Number of Kotak Mahindra Bank i.e. at 1860 266 2666.